MQ5 Gas sensor module used in gas leakage detecting equipments. For detecting of LPG & natural gases. The sensor does not get trigger with the noise of alcohol, cooking fumes and cigarette smoke.
• Power source required +5V.
• Analog output of Gas sensor
• No sensitivity to alcohol, smoke
• Led’s for Power & Gas detection
• Stable performance and long life
• Jumper to disable or enable buzzer
• High sensitivity to LPG & Natural gases
• Fast response and Wide detection range
• Simple digital output(High when Gas detected)
• On board Buzzer for indication of Gas detection.
Warm Up Time
The sensor needs 10 minutes of warm uptime after first power is applied. After 10 minutes you can take its readings. During warm up time the output analog voltage would go up from 4.5V to 0.5V in variation down gradually. During this warm uptime the sensor reading should be ignored.
Using Sensor Module
The sensor needs 5V to operate, Give regulated +5V DC supply & Green Led become ON, sensor will take around 200mA supply. The sensor will heat a little bit since it has internal heater that heats the sensing element. Monitor two LEDs. Same status is output through output pin.
Even sensor is already warm and not detecting presence of gases. than Move gas sensor module away from LPG & natural gases and rotate preset to light up RED led, as RED led become ON slightly move preset back until Red led become off.